Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus focuses on 4Ps Product, Place, Price, and Promotion. Clinic Plus is a wholly owned product of Hindustan Unilever Limited. It is affiliated with the FMCG industry and deals with the brand of personal care. Clinic Plus is one of India’s largest selling brands and has a wide market share. It was launched in 1971 in Indian markets and has created a niche position for itself since then.
The company faces extreme competition from the following competing brands in the haircare market-
- Chic Shampoo
- Dove Shampoo
Let’s discuss the Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus
Product in the Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus
Clinic Plus is a personal care brand that provides some important hair care benefits to its users, such as strengthening poor hair, softening rough hair, preventing hair fall, and serving as an anti-dandruff shampoo.
In addition to shampoo, the company introduced hair oil and conditioner to give its customers a full hair-care kit. It comes in 80 ml, 175 ml, 650 ml, 340 ml bottles, and 6 ml, 5.5 ml, and 6.5 ml sachets. Clinic Plus includes products such as :
- Clinic Plus Strong and Long Naturals Shampoo – Naturally made from herbal ingredients and milk protein formulation engineered to function seamlessly from the tip to the hair roots. The brand guarantees fewer hair drops, as its shampoo provides nourishment to improve the hair.
- Clinic Plus Strong and Long Anti-dandruff Shampoo – the shampoo is loaded with anti-dandruff ingredients and milk protein formula to prevent dandruff. The shampoo ensures less hair loss, dandruff reduction, and nourishing hair from tip to roots.
- Clinic Plus Strong and Long Health Shampoo – The formula of milk protein guarantees less hair loss by feeding hair from the tip to the roots.
- Clinic Plus Shampoo Ayurveda Care Triphala – It includes authentic Ayurvedic ingredients such as Haritaki, Bibhitaki, and Amla, known together as Triphala. The shampoo prevents hair loss and strengthens hair, and must be used on alternating days for better results.
- Clinic Plus Cream Conditioner – Soft and Silky – Leaves the hair a little warm, rough, and lifeless using the only shampoo. Deep nourishment is given by almond oil and milk protein formula in the conditioner.
- Clinic Plus Daily Hair Oil – Massage the hair oil from the roots to the tips on the scalp for nutrition and reinforcement, as it contains coconut oil and minerals that are best suited for hair care.
- Clinic Plus Almond Gold hair Oil-It is ideal for all hairstyles and combined with vitamin E makes hair much stronger and beautiful.
Place in the Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus
Clinic Plus has a presence in Pan-India and is available in both rural and urban areas of India. The company has extended its drug presence in 69 countries such as the UK, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Pakistan. Clinic Plus has the strongest presence in the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia and has become the number one haircare brand in places like Bolivia, Argentina, Thailand, and Brazil.
Clinic Plus has a strong policy of distribution since it wanted to capture every nook and corner of a place. It took support from its parent company to effectively sell its goods in the consumer market. Clinic Plus’ owner company Hindustan Unilever has a wide system of distribution that includes more than two million direct outlets.
The firm has thousands of stockholders working exclusively for it. Warehouses were built at strategic and convenient locations. The stockists order the carrying and forwarding agents, who are responsible for shipping the products to retailers from warehouses.
Clinic Plus products can easily be found in grocery stores, corner shops, Kirana stores, hypermarkets, convenience stores, supermarkets, and shopping centers. There are also many e-shopping sites that can order the items online.
Price in the Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus
Clinic Plus has targeted families as its target consumers and has established itself as a brand that provides strong hair-care ingredients. The business is a billion-dollar brand, and it has been able to maintain its position on the market effectively by keeping its product prices competitive and accessible.
Clinic Plus has been interested in penetrating rural markets and has therefore adopted a policy of penetration pricing and launched minimum price sachets to tap the consumer base.
The haircare sector is very competitive with many companies operating back to back to the bottom in order to maximize their customer market share. Clinic Plus is facing competition from multiple rival brands and has adopted competitive pricing. It has kept product prices equal to those set by competitors in order to maintain its consumer loyalty. The company has also adopted a policy of promotional pricing and offers various incentives and discounts to increase its sales figures. It has led to bulk sales and increased revenues.
Promotion in the Marketing Mix of Clinic Plus
Clinic Plus believes good and aggressive advertising will increase its presence on the brand. It has created some very good ads that have been launched through magazines, newspapers, radio, television networks, leaflets, billboards, hoardings, and vehicle backs in electronic, digital, and print media.
The brand has embraced a marketing promotional strategy and offers several incentives to increase its customer base. To raise its brand recognition, it gives coupons and discounts during the festive season and off-season. The company shares products, hair-care, and product ingredients information through its web site.
The packaging is an important part of a product and the company provides detailed and complete information on the ingredients and other vital information on the product packages in at least three languages. Under Below The Line marketing, Clinic Plus encourages customers to participate at large gatherings in their events to increase brand visibility. Free samples are distributed at such events so that the customers become more conscious of the brand.
Clinic Plus recognizes the power of celebrity campaigns and has taken part in their promotions infamous personalities. In its ad campaigns, India Television star Sakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari, and Aashika Bhatia have worked together. It offers one lakh rupee scholarships and a person has to fill in the promo pack and send it to the company which announces the winner’s list later.
If you Like this Article Please Hit the Like Button and Follow Us on our Facebook Page: PROJECTS4MBA