SWOT Analysis of DNA gives emphasis on strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. Strength and weakness are the internal factors opportunities and threats are external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a validated framework that enables Newspaper like DNA to evaluate its business performance against competitors and the industry.
Daily News and Analysis (DNA) began as a newspaper with a bang. Excellent marketing and recognition of Newspaper. But it was quickly overtaken by other newspapers later on. DNA Over Pledged and Under Pledged. Here is the SWOT of DNA ‘s media brand.
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DNA – DNA SWOT Analysis
- Efficiency and satisfaction of customers-DNA is a newspaper that relies on its efficiency and also on consumer satisfaction. As a straight forward newspaper with the right words to say, it has always advertised itself.
- Strong investment in research-they have introduced systems that are heavy in research as per DNA and hence often report the right things.
- Market share in Mumbai- In Mumbai, DNA has a large market share. Their distribution in Mumbai itself is 15 lakh readers, as per them.
- Strong brand equity- In the urban areas where it is aimed, DNA has a strong brand equity.
- Amazing release-DNA had one of the best newspaper releases in history with a lot of hoopla surrounding it. With its emphasis on “truthful news,” DNA started saying that it is “to speak out” in your DNA. DNA later on, however, did not build on the fantastic start it had.
- Automation: has enabled more effective resource utilization and cost reduction from various stages of production. It also enables its goods to be consistent in quality, and offers the flexibility to scale up and scale down production as per market demand.
- Trained Employees: DNA has invested heavily in its Employees training, which has resulted in it hiring a significant number of professional and motivated workers. Has a diverse workforce, with people of many ethnic, racial, cultural and educational backgrounds who help the organization bring in various ideas and methodologies to do things. Has trained and certified competent teamworkers.
- Social Media: DNA has a strong social media presence with over millions of followers on the three most prominent social networking platforms : Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It has a high degree of customer engagement with low customer response time on those channels.
- Website: DNA has a well-functioning and engaging website that attracts a huge amount of traffic and sales on the internet.
Weakness in the SWOT Analysis of DNA – DNA SWOT Analysis
- Compared to other newspapers, DNA is expensive, which is a major disadvantage of the publication.
- Focuses more on entertainment. DNA is consistently found to concentrate more on entertainment news, which is a diversion, compared to serious news.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of DNA – DNA SWOT Analysis
- Covering more areas-A choice for DNA could be to cover more serious areas. And once it starts doing that, of course, its success would increase.
- In other age groups, DNA mainly targets middle-aged people, but women and people of all age groups need to be targeted. It needs to be a complete newspaper.
- Publishing in other Indian cities. DNA is only present in select cities in India as of now. And that, too, in 7-8 towns only. Given India’s population and potential, this is much less significant. It should, therefore, cover the ground as much as possible.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of DNA – DNA SWOT Analysis
- So many rivals in the media industry: “Dainik Bhaskar’s” Times of India” “The Hindu “mammoth brands are still fighting among themselves and not allowing new brands to set foot.
- Competitors with lower costs: In other labels, the cost or even the value for money is greater than DNA. And DNA must either lift the value given or lower the price
- Brand at a loss: The lower expansion rate will impact DNA’s brand value very quickly and it will find it difficult to grow at all.
- Government Norms are the major threat to the newspaper.
- Copyright infringement can also be a major threat.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: