SWOT Analysis of HDFC Life Insurance focuses on strengths, limitations, opportunities, and Threats. HDFC Life Insurance is one of the largest private sector insurance companies. The strengths and weaknesses of HDFC Life Insurance Swot are internal factors, while opportunities and risks are external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a validated management tool that enables a company like HDFC Life Insurance to measure its business & performance with competitors and the industry.
HDFC Life Insurance is a venture between HDFC Ltd. and Standard Life. HDFC Ltd has a stake of 51.4% and Standard Life has a stake of 12.3% and the rest of the stake. The remaining equity is held by the public.
HDFC Life Insurance Limited has started its operations in the year 2000. HDFC Life Insurance Limited is the market leader in a Private Life Insurance company followed by SBI Life and Bajaj Allianz.
Some of the main competitors are :
- SBI Life
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- HDFC Life Insurance
- Religare Life Insurance
- Sahara Life Insurance
- Tata AIA Life Insurance
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of HDFC Life Insurance – HDFC Life Insurance SWOT Analysis
Strengths help to analyze the company’s key markets where it dominates the competition and has the market competitive edge. To generate differentiation in the industry, the organization should use its strengths. Strengths are usually the company’s main competencies:
- HDFC Life Insurance has a customer-centric approach. The organization has long term savings and protection plans for different stages of life. The company has cost-effective products, good customer support, consistent growth in investments, and a fast claim settlement process.
- HDFC Life Insurance provides its clients with customized insurance policies focused on the client’s needs.
- HDFC Life Insurance has created a very good brand image among the minds of customers. HDFC is using a tag line “Sar Utha Ke Jiyo” which has created a good brand image for the company.
- HDFC Life Insurance offers its coverage in every part of India and has an H.Q. in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has a wide distribution chain that allows its consumers all over the world to supply their services. This covers insurance agent services, online insurance websites, insurance agents, direct networks, and banking partner services. HDFC Life Insurance’s multichannel network has spread to almost nine hundred and eighty cities and towns in India and is managed through an estimated three hundred and ninety-eight branches. The staff comprises two lakh financial consultants to effectively meet growing customer demand by providing individual attention. HDFC Life Insurance has formed a liaison bureau in Dubai.
- HDFC Life has multiple channels for selling its policies. HDFC LIFE is selling its policies through its branches. Insurance Advisors are also recruited by the company. Bancassurance is also a channel for selling its policies. HDFC Life has branches all over the country to market its products. Marketing Executives are trained to explain the features and benefits of HDFC Life Insurance. HDFC LIFE is also selling its policies through Online Channel. HDFC Life has a simple claim settlement process.
- By offering value for money, HDFC Life Insurance was a trend-setter in the insurance industry. The organization is committed to providing its customers with the best and highest value products at minimum prices. It has kept the premium insurance policy prices at a normal level so that a large number of people can take advantage of its insurance plans.
- Insurance Advisors and Insurance executives are also promoting their insurance policies to the customers. HDFC is having a good customer-centric approach and try to maintain good customer relations to retain customers.
- HDFC Life is taking every possible measure to promote its policies. HDFC Life Insurance is using modern techniques for promoting its products and services. For Online advertisements, the company is using Google Ad Network and other Ad Networks. The company is using Facebook Marketing, Whatsapp Marketing, and other online Marketing platforms for its promotion.
- HDFC Life Insurance differentiates itself as one of India’s most trusted brands. It has put its emphasis on CSR activities to improve social conditions. It was the recipient of several awards for the various plans. Sar Utha Ke Jiyo is one of its most famous taglines and has generated high visibility among consumers. HDFC Life has taken on several promotional activities to create positive awareness of the brand. Successful advertising campaigns have been launched on radio and several television channels through electrical media. Its advertisements appear in magazines, hoardings, and newspapers. It has an official website that provides interested parties with related information.
- The customer service provided by the company is incredibly good and hence helps to establish the image of the brand
- The claim settlement ratio of HDFC Life Insurance is also good.
- HDFC Life has strong customer support.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of HDFC Life Insurance – HDFC Life Insurance SWOT Analysis
- Being A Private sector organization HDFC Life Insurance is not able to create its brand image like LIC.
- No Control over Insurance Advisors. Some advisors are not giving correct information about the policies before selling them.
- HDFC Life has high overhead costs and administration costs. As sale involves some spending, there is a constant cash flow flowing out to grow companies.
- Network retention is weak, thinking that the corporation has a well-established network, but the network has a strong turnover which thus further raises the cost of operations.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of HDFC Life Insurance – HDFC Life Insurance SWOT Analysis
This helps to consider what more things an organisation can do with the talents and skills that are available. This allows the organisation to understand the places where it can develop and take a lead in order to diversify the company and increase the customer base.
- Due to the Increasing demand for Insurance HDFC Life can formulate strategies to promote and formulate new policies according to the need of customers.
- HDFC Life can do tie-ups with new banks for selling and marketing of its Life Insurance Policies.
- The population of India is rising at a fast rate and the insurable population is still too large and not yet sufficiently protected, and there is thus a tremendous opportunity for the industry in the Indian market.
- Unit Linked Insurance Plans are also attracting customers as they get multiple benefits from ULIP’s i.e. Investment + life cover. This opportunity can be grabbed by aggressively promoting Unit Linked Plans of HDFC Life.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of HDFC Life Insurance – HDFC Life Insurance SWOT Analysis
This research helps to explain what will affect the organisation in the future or instantly. Company must prepare itself to deal with the uncertainties in the business environment.
- There is a touch competition between Insurance companies in India. Insurance companies are offering a competitive premiums to be paid for Insurance Policies. This can be a major threat.
- There is a high degree of economic instability that has a direct effect on the business.
- New Entrants are the Major Threat to HDFC Life Insurance.
- The industry has a strong turnover ratio and so the employees who are good in the industry choose to switch from one company to another, placing a lot of pressure on recruiting and even on the applicants who are motivated to market and raise the company in terms of new brand insurance.
- Insurance is regulated by IRDA and ICICI Prudential has to comply with the policies and regulations of IRDA.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: