SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank – PNB SWOT Analysis focuses on the Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats. Strength and Weakness are the internal factors and Opportunities and Threats are external factors.
PNB or Punjab National Bank is a Public Sector Bank known for its banking and financial services. Headquarter of PNB is in New Delhi. It is a second largest Public Sector Bank and founded in the year 1894.
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank – PNB SWOT Analysis
- Large Customer Base : PNB is having one hundred and eighty million customers.
- Large Network of Branches and ATM’s : PNB has 10910 branches, and a wide ATM network of 13000+ ATMs.
- Acquisition: Some of the Popular Bank like United Bank of India and OBC (Oriental Bank of Commerce) was merged in PNB on April 1st 2020.
- International Presence: PNB has also marked its presence in United Kingdom China, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kabul, Bhutan, Kazakhstan and Kowloon.
- Financials: Total Revenue of PNB in the year 2020 was 11 Billion US Dollars and Net Income was 47 Million US Dollars.
- Large Employee Base : PNB has a large employee base of 103000 employees as.
- Subsidaries: PNB Housing Finance, PNB MetLife Insurance, PNB Investment Services, PNB International Ltd. and PNB Gilts Limited are the subsidaries of Punjab National Bank.
- Strong IT Infrastructure: Punjab National Bank has a strong IT Infrastructure.
Weakness in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank – PNB SWOT Analysis
- Presence in Rural Areas : PNB has less presence in rural areas.
- PNB is not giving emphasis on advertising as compared to other public and private sector banks.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank – PNB SWOT Analysis
- PNB can also start E-Wallets which are trending in the country.
- E-Gateway can be offered to the website owners at a nominal price.
- Growing demand of Banking in the country creates a good opportunity for the Bank.
- Bank can give emphasis on business loans to attract more customers.
- Bank can also launch new schemes for Saving Account Holders to increase its cash deposit ratio.
- Bank can also promote its products by using social media platforms and advertising platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank – PNB SWOT Analysis
- Fluctuations and Crises in the Economy is the major threat.
- RBI and Government Regulations is also a threat to the Bank.
- New and Old Competitor Banks are also a threat.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: