In this article, we will analyze the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki, the article focuses on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Maruti Suzuki is India’s market leader and holds unbelievable brand equity. Maruti Suzuki is known for its service and cars. Maruti Suzuki is India’s largest car manufacturer.
Strength in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki – Maruti SWOT Analysis / Matrix
- Maruti Suzuki is India’s largest passenger car manufacturer with a market share of around 45 percent.
- 12Maruti has an employee base of more than 12,000.
- Effective ads, a product range, products that compete for themselves.
- Largest dealer sales network and service centers.
- High brand awareness and a good presence in the market for second-hand vehicles.
- Getting various income sources that push schools like Maruti Finance, Maruti Insurance, and Maruti. Parts are cheap as compared to other cars.
- Maruti Suzuki Cars require less maintenance.
- Engine Performance is good.
- More than 700,000 units sold annually in India including 50 thousand exports.
- Maruti Suzuki opened NEXA showrooms to support the luxury car market.
- The company has won several awards in India’s automobile segment.
- Maruti Suzuki adopts a strong advertising approach to pass on its suggestions to people about its goods.
- Maruti Suzuki registered the highest number of domestic sales in the previous fiscal year, with 9.66.447 units. This has recently surpassed the national sales mark of 10million.
- High brand recognition and Maruti Suzuki have a large loyal customer base.
- Has good fuel-efficient product lines, such as Brezza, DZire, Swift, Alto, Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz, XL6, Expresso, Wagon-R. Alto and Wagon-R also top the highest-sales group of small cars.
- Maruti Suzuki is the first car company to start sales of second-hand vehicles through its True-value entity.
- Maruti Suzuki has a strong market share and is thus a big contributor to revenue after-sales operation.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki – Maruti SWOT Analysis / Matrix
- Weak interior quality in cars compared to high-quality players such as Hyundai and other recent foreign players such as Volkswagen, Kia etc.
- Intervention by the Government because it has a share in Maruti Suzuki.
- Younger generations began to have a big affinity for new foreign brands.
- The management and the labor unions of the company are not in good terms. The employees’ recent strikes have slowed down production and, in turn, have impacted sales.
- As with other players, Maruti hasn’t proved himself in the SUV segment.
- Inability to penetrate into the world market.
- Employee management, strikes, workers’ wage problems have in the past affected the image of Maruti’s brand.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki – Maruti SWOT Analysis / Matrix
- Maruti Suzuki introduced their LPG version of Wagon R and at the same time, it as a positive move.
- Maruti Suzuki will conduct R&D on electric cars for a much better fuel replacement.
- Maruti’s cars have immense potential in tapping into the middle-class segment and serving as a big challenge to Nano.
- Maruti ‘s Latest DZire will grab the market share and are expected to build the same magic as Maruti Esteem (not currently available).
- The company’s production potential brings fresh expectations in both the American and British markets.
- For Maruti Suzuki, it can be an opportunity to build electric cars and fuel-efficient cars for the future.
- Maruti can aim to tap emerging markets around the world and build a global brand.
- The rapidly growing market for automobiles and increased purchasing power.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki – Maruti SWOT Analysis / Matrix
- Maruti Suzuki recently experienced a fall in market share due to the increasing demand for cars of foreign players.
- Major players like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata lost their market share due to lots of small players like Volkswagen- polo. Because of its Figo, Ford has demonstrated a substantial increase in market share.
- China will compete well as they intend to join the Indian car market as well.
- Government policies around the world for the car market.
- Much higher fuel costs.
- Maruti Suzuki ‘s business can be hurt by intense competition from global automotive brands and cheaper marks.
- Replace public transit modes such as taxis, subway trains, etc.
- Economy recession and demonetization expenses.
Google Search Engine, Google products, and Google Services are very good. Google must try to increase its market share by developing new better apps like Instagram and acquire Telegram to give a tough competition to Facebook Whatsapp.
If you Want to read more articles on Marketing Mix – Click Here
If you like This Article on Business Model of LinkedIn Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: