SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb focuses on Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Strength and Weakness are the internal factors and Opportunities and Threats are the external factors that influence the SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb.
Bausch and Lomb are involved in the business of eye care products including contact lenses and lens care products. Bausch and Lomb is an entity owned by Warburg Pincus Company. Bausch & Lomb is a dominant player in the market and plays a major role in eye care products. Bausch and Lomb are headquartered in Quebec, Canada. The company is the largest manufacturer and supplier of contact lenses, lenses, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses, and products for eye surgery.
Strength in the SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb – Bausch and Lomb SWOT Analysis
Some of the strengths known as the internal factors in SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb are listed below:
- Market Share: The market share of Bausch and Lomb has an important place in the ophthalmology market. The company’s growth was attributed to success of this product. In this way, it will increase the ability of the company to generate revenue.
- Product Portfolio: Bausch and Lomb have a broad product range.
- Business: Bausch and Lomb operate in over 100 countries. It insulates a firm from market and trade fluctuations. The company’s presence in foreign countries such as Saudi Arabia has led to rising revenues.
- Distribution Network: Distribution Network of Bausch and Lomb is very good. The company has a good reach in urban areas.
- Employees: Key Strength of any company is its employees. Bausch and Lomb have 12000 employees. The company is investing a large amount of money on the training and development of employees.
- Research and Development: Company has a separate team for Research and Development. The company is giving special emphasis on research and development.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb – Bausch and Lomb SWOT Analysis
Some of the Weakness known as the internal factors in SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb are listed below:
- High Pricing: Products by Bausch and Lomb are relatively costly for the local market. This will limit the company’s expansionary potential.
- Rural Market Penetration: The rural penetration of Bausch and Lomb is much less due to the lack of awareness in rural areas and also to the comparatively higher price of products compared to competitors.
- Expenditure on New Technology: Bausch and Lomb are investing more money in technology to increase efficiency across the globe. Investing in technologies right now is not a wise decision for the company.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb – Bausch and Lomb SWOT Analysis
- New Products: Bausch and Lomb are known for their innovative products. They should look forward to launching new products at frequent intervals to cater to changing market demands and increase the company’s brand visibility.
- New Trends: The new trends in consumer behavior will open up new markets for Bausch and Lomb. This has given a great opportunity for the organization to expand revenue streams and to diversify into new product categories.
- Increasing Urban Population: The urban population is growing especially in emerging nations. According to consumer data, Bausch and Lomb are already popular in the urban markets and therefore this is an opportunity for growth for the company.
Threat in the SWOT Analysis of Bausch and Lomb – Bausch and Lomb SWOT Analysis
- High Competition: Ophthalmic product market is very competitive. The organization has been competing with Crizal, Vistakon, etc., so far. The intense rivalry in this field influences the company’s market share.
- Lack of Diversification: However, while Bausch and Lomb have a strong presence in the ophthalmology industry, it is not a strong player in another field. This might influence the business’ long-term growth. Both companies should diversify their businesses to prevent a potential loss.
- Changing Prices: Pricing changes from rivals may be a big challenge to the business.
- Government Policies: Government policies and laws are threats to Bausch and Lomb.
- Raw Material Prices: Increasing costs of raw materials will hurt Bausch and Lomb.
If you like this article you can recommend your friends about PROJECTS4MBA.COM
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: