SWOT Analysis of Havells India focuses on Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats. Havells India was founded during the year 1958 as a famous electrical equipment company and is headquartered in Noida, India. It is India’s largest business of electrical appliances. Havells has been manufacturing a wide variety of items since its establishment, ranging from home and kitchen appliances, commercial and industrial appliances, household lighting, LED lighting, portable switches, fans, water heaters, induction motors, and many more.
The business also owns different labels such as Havells, Lloyd, Standard Electric, Crabtree, and Prompt. The organization has about 23 branches and local offices in about 50 countries with more than 6000 employees. It is a fast-moving electrical goods company with a strong global presence having an extensive, world-class quality distribution network.
It is admired for its desired domination of the market, which spreads across its broad product range. With the help of Havells Galaxy, Havells India had pioneered the idea of a special brand showroom in the electric industry. As of today, Havells has over 500 Havells Galaxies that are seen across the country and help consumers select from a variety of items.
This company enjoys the loyalty and strong recall and owns several famous brands. In India, Havells India has 12 production plants at Baddi, Haridwar, Faridabad, Sahibabad, Alwar, Assam, and Neemrana.
Through this article let ‘s talk about the Havells India SWOT analysis.
Strength in the SWOT Analysis of Havells
- Strong Recalling and Loyalty – Havells India has loyalty and strong brand recall and owns several prestigious brands. In India, Havells India has 12 manufacturing plants at Baddi, Haridwar, Faridabad, Sahibabad, Alwar, Assam, and Neemrana.
- Recognized Option for Electrical Products – Havells and it’s brand have won the distinction of being the preferred option for customers, both in India and abroad, of various electrical products.
- Wide product range – Havells offers a vast variety of items ranging from home and kitchen appliances, commercial and industrial equipment, household lighting, LED lighting, portable switches, fans, water heaters, induction motors, and much more. All their goods are of high quality, and for both the Indian and foreign markets the price is the same.
- Global Presence – Havells India had also increased its global business operations, and has a strong distribution network out there.
- Good control on Fast expanding Countries – Havells India is investing heavily in fast-growing and dynamic nations. Because of this, it has expanded its operations and gained greater visibility as well.
- Great acquisition history – Havells India built a successful acquisition history. It had acquired Sylvania ‘s lightning business, a Frankfurt-based company that is a global pioneer in the lighting industry
- Huge investment in Research & Development – Havells India is investing heavily in Research & Development which has helped them deliver numerous creative solutions to produce successful products.
- In-house production – Havells India has an in-house production plant that is easy to track the activities for their products.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of Havells
- Debt Ratio – It is reported that Havells India possesses a high debt ratio which is a major limitation to its business performance.
- Market Share-Havells India appears to have a small global market share. The business has less exposure of the brand everywhere because of this.
- Real Estate’s slowdown – At a time when real estate is dipping, Havells India is said to perform low due to the economic impact.
- Global Market Performance – Global market performance, particularly after a series of acquisitions, would impact Havells India’s business operations more adversely.
- Switchgear Segment – Havells India holds a low role in the industrial switchgear market.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Havells
- Globally Emerging Markets – To improve its business operations, Havells India would need to have its global exposure.
- Focus on Weak Division – The company would need to concentrate on its weak division. This will give them more resources to expand its operations.
- Chinese business acquisition – Havells India sees a strong opportunity to acquire Chinese companies from low-cost manufacturing.
- Consumer Demand Development – The business has a customer market projected to rise by 15-20 percent. This means the organization gets better business revenues.
- Business diversification – Moving up the value chain would in turn give the company a chance to see new market domains.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Havells
- Delay in Power Projects – Havells India’s delay in power project execution is a major challenge to the company as it affects its image and revenue.
- Unorganized market – The unorganized consumer segment would continue to pull down its business operations which are viewed as a major challenge to the company.
- Changing government policies – Political policy changes are a hindrance to industrial sales, quite often.
- A Single Entry for Company – Havells India sees a maximum business coming from India alone and therefore its business revenue depends only on the economic situation in India. That is a significant challenge to the business ‘ overall growth.
If you want to read an article on Research
If you Like this Article Please Hit the Like Button and Follow Us on our Facebook Page: PROJECTS4MBA