This article presents a detailed SWOT Analysis of Jaguar. SWOT Analysis of Jaguar focuses on Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Strengths and Weaknesses are internal factors and Opportunities and Threats are external factors. SWOT Analysis provides a well-tested management methodology that enables Jaguar in comparison with competitors and industry to assess its business performance.
Jaguar cars are ultra-premium luxury vehicles, stunning and a brilliant piece of engineering. Jaguar was purchased by Tata Motors and it did well after the purchase. Jaguar and Land Rover have identical sources of sales and delivery.
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jaguar – Jaguar SWOT Analysis
- Jaguar is one of the luxury car manufacturers in the world. Jaguar has always tried to stay away from controversies.
- Jaguar has a well trained and motivated workforce. Performance is the prime importance of Jaguar. The workforce of Jaguar is trying to supply its customers with high-performance ultra-luxury and stunning vehicles. Jaguar is spending more on providing the training and development of employees.
- Jaguar Cars belong to the exclusive cars segment. Jaguar has a very good brand image. Jaguar is giving tough competition to new brands in the luxury segment.
- Jaguar is acquired by Tata Motors. The brand image of Tata Motors has increased the trust and pride of Tata Jaguar Cars.
- Jaguar has seen steady growth in its sales after its acquisition by Tata Motors.
- A strong recall value of Jaguar is created because of the innovative positioning and promotions of Jaguar.
- Jaguar is doing a lot of research and development activities to keep themselves ready for the future and to include new technology in their cars.
- A marketing strategy is good if a company is generating a good profit and has a good brand image.
- The company is taking advantage of online marketing and marketing its products through Google Ads, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media and online platforms. Thus we can say that the advertising & marketing plan of the company is good.
- Analysis marketing strategy depends on the market situation. The company is always using market analytics to formulate a marketing strategy. The marketing and strategic management practices of the company are good.
- Company branding strategy is good and using an aggressive promotional strategy to promote its products and services on Television and Radio Ads.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of Jaguar – Jaguar SWOT Analysis
- Jaguar has a good range of cars. But as compared to the competitor’s Jaguar has less range of cars and in order to attract prospective buyers, they need to expand their number of products and add new versions.
- Jaguar is a top-selling brand in the United Kingdom and in other major markets, it is not a top-selling brand. In the Japanese and German markets, they are not so common. While their success is on the rise in the Indian and Chinese markets but still a lot needs to be achieved.
- Car Pricing is very high as compared to SUV and other luxury cars.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Jaguar – Jaguar SWOT Analysis
- Jaguar can target developing markets such as India and China to take advantage of consumer’s untapped capacity. Jaguar needs to improve their profits in these regions and set up new manufacturing facilities in India and China as well.
- To reach a new client base, Jaguar will look at new acquisitions. In order to expand the client base and to make better revenue and profits, they need to sell down.
- Due to the rise in people’s disposable earnings, they spend more on luxuries. For Jaguar, it’s a nice time to boost their revenue and make more money.
- The new future is hybrid technology. A lot of car manufacturers have begun to concentrate on this area, and Jaguar can start manufacturing hybrid cars.
- Jaguar has to reduce the emission of CO2 and other particulates for environmental protection. Jaguar must adopt policies for emission norms.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jaguar – Jaguar SWOT Analysis
- Car manufacturers like Bently, Porsche, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Audi, are giving tough competition to Jaguar. All of them are well-settled players in the same target demographic.
- The planet is now focussing on more fuel friendly technologies and the government is working on changing environmental policies for the same. If they do not reconcile themselves with this notion, this could be a challenge to the future of the business.
- Financial instability, such as recession or depression, contributes to reduced consumption by individuals. Next, they cut down on luxuries. This will strike the brand’s sales very hard. They still rely on international revenue as well so any fluctuations triggered by any country’s currency volatility directly influence the company’s revenues.
- Expensive raw materials will have a significant effect on the company’s cost of production.
- Government policies and regulations regarding spare part prices and fuel prices can directly or indirectly effect the manufacturing of Luxury cars.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: