SWOT Analysis of Reliance MediaWorks Limited gives emphasis on strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. Strength and weakness are the internal factors opportunities and threats are external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a validated framework that enables Reliance MediaWorks Limited to evaluate its business performance against competitors and the industry.
Reliance MediaWorks Limited is a Entertainment and Film Services company of Reliance Group. Reliance Acquired Adlabs and renamed it as Reliance MediaWorks Limited in the year 2009.Reliance MediaWorks has setup 3D IMAX Screen in Mumbai. This 3D IMAX is the world largest screen.
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Reliance MediaWorks Limited
- The pioneer of multiplex theaters in India is Fame Reliance MediaWorks Limited. Delicacies that are a combination of Indian and Western snacks and mini-meals are served by weekend specialty food counters. Discounts are regularly made available at different restaurants with exclusive promotional deals.
- Site administration: This is used to update a specific week’s cinema schedules, and to initiate and close a particular movie’s online ticket booking. The website’s information layout can also be dynamically altered, according to priority. Reliance MediaWorks Limited has a call center available for all 7 days of the week and the organisation also offers home delivery services.
- Movie schedule: Users can view an entire week’s movie schedule, as well as the ‘next update’ Fame Cinemas movies for which online ticket booking is available. Weekly movie schedules are distributed via e-mail to registered users.
- Customer profiles: The website has a facility for gathering data on the personal interests of users relating to films. On the basis of this information, selective film information can be sent to users who have registered via e-mail on the website.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Reliance MediaWorks Limited
- Alternate media, such as CDs and DVDs, are becoming popular, rendering the company unattractive. More precisely, this is because the pirated version of the movies is readily available at a low price.
- Reliance MediaWorks Limited seems to have made the mistake of not trying to rapidly extend its customer base beyond Sector V. In eastern India, the Reliance MediaWorks Limited brand also does not have an immediate recall.
- Theatre success is movie-specific, and with bad movie scripts it can tilt towards disappointment.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Reliance MediaWorks Limited
- Given the low quality that currently exists across locations, there is a strong demand for theaters across the country. Many theaters are also able to open in cities of B and C Categories and venture into small towns as well. With 68 screens now, Fame has 18 properties in total,
- With nearly a hundred multiplexes coming up in the country, the market is now largely ready for international films.
- If lower pricing power is not transferred to the consumer, elimination of entertainment tax advantages may endanger profitability.
Threats in the Reliance MediaWorks Limited SWOT study
- The current competition is for Cinemax, Inox, PVR and Shringar cinemas. One of the main metrics for performance is efficiency or utilisation rate, given this degree of competition.
- For each of these rivals, there is no firm pricing strength. Given that the price can not be reduced to a ‘non-multiplex’ rate, the downside price is also sacrificed in order to maximise volumes. Competitors are also very rapidly expanding. Incase, they are represented in most areas , especially in prime areas, that Reliance MediaWorks Limited operate, this can lead to loss of company.
- Government policies can directly effect the Reliance MediaWorks Limited.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: